The King in Bad NauheimWhen the “King of Rock'n'Roll” started his military service on 1st October in 1958, Bad Nauheim soon became his “European home”. Only a week later, Elvis' father Vernon, his grandmother Minni Mae as well as two of his friends and bodyguards arrived in Bad Nauheim. They rented a whole floor in the Grunewald Hotel in the Terrassenstraße. Right next door to the former Grunewald Hotel is the Elvis Presley Square with the “Elvis stele”. This column has become a veritable pilgrimage destination for fans, who place flowers and messages in all languages of the world. Two highly popular photo opportunities are the bridge over the Usa rivulet and the Burgpforte (castle entrance) where the record cover of “A Big Hunk O‘ Love“ was taken. Fans love to pose for pictures there in the same way their idol did years ago. Close to the public library there is another exciting attraction: the private residence at number 14, Goethestraße, where “the world‘s most famous soldier” moved to with his father Vernon, his grandmother Minnie Mae and his friends in 1959. This is also where the love story between him and his Priscilla began. Elvis lived at this address until the end of his military service in March 1960. Those with a sweet tooth can even follow their idol along a culinary way: in the Café Bienenkorb (Beehive Café) the original Elvis chocolate cake was baked and given to Elvis as a surprise on his 24th birthday. To walk off the calories after the sweet treat, we recommend a stroll to graduation house IV, where Elvis regularly used to play soccer.